Last week I was able to finish my first top using M7542. I bought the pattern for the sleeves to mix and match with other top and dresses.
I wasn't crazy about the bodice because of the high neckline and the boxy silhouette. But after making this view, I think the style looks okay on me. This one is for my sister. She'll model it and a pair of Ginger Jeans I made for one of our club challenges. I couldn't help trying it on just to see if it looked okay on me. Well.., it not bad at all with the exception of the "too tight" across the bust area.
|M7542 - The dart is undetectable with this fabric.|
This project provided an opportunity to see how well the top fits me.
- The center back is slightly curved. It is concaved in the lower back.
- The small shoulder darts do not really add much room across the back. I did notice that the length of the should seam is sport on, though.
- Using C cup. It fits like a glove. No ease at all. So the D cup will probably solve the problem.
- Length is a little short, which is how it comes across on the envelope.
- Neckline fit beautifully.
- Sewing. It comes together with no problems. Nothing difficult or confusing in the instruction.
Simply the sleeves. Still planning to make every view. More photos coming with me wearing a finished top.
This mesh fabric is from JoAnn's, Nicole Miller. Cute..,
That's all for now.